SCE-Metal Prep is an iron phosphate metal treatment and cleaner concentrate. When used properly, SCE-Metal Prep will clean and phosphatize iron and steel in one step. Metal Prep contains no heavy metal accelerators such as molybdate or chromates, and is designed to give coatings in excess of 80 mg per square foot without the dusty iron-phosphate build-up often found with other phosphating agents.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Appearance: Clear, amber liquid
- Odor: Sharp acid odor
- pH: 2.2 – 2.8 neat
- Metlting Freezing Point: 28° F
- Initial Boiling Point: n/a
- Flash Point: >200° F (TCC)
- Evaporation Rate: not available
- Flammability: Not flammable
- VOC (g/L): <12 g/L
- Lower Limits: not available
- Vapor Pressure: not available
- Vapor Density: not available
- Relative Density: 1.12 g/ml
- Solubility: Miscible with water
- 5 Gallon Bucket
- 55 Gallon Drum
Metal Prep Directions
- For best results, apply downstream through pressure washer between 130° F and 180° F at a dilution ratio of 20:1.
- Let sit for 3 minutes. Rinse with fresh water.
- Follow with a rust inhibitor to ensure no flash rusting will occur in areas that pool water, such as Superior’s Metal Guard (use at 10:1).
- If a rust inhibitor is not used, be sure to remove any accumulated water pools by drying immediately with compressed air.